Tuesday 28 December 2010

In Ireland...

In usual family tradition, we have taken it upon ourselves to venture to Ireland this new year. Im not sure wether I should be happy or sad. I havent been to Ireland in a while, but I think I'd rather be at home enjoyed the party season and in a place where I can paint my canvas at will, although to be honest, I think I might be more productive in my other studies without the many distractions of home life.

Well anyway, the flight over to ireland felt like nothing after my last flight, a 13-hour leviathon of a flight. But at the same time I wasnt too pleased to be seated in front of a small child playing some kind of ridiculous indoctrinating education 'game'. Have they never heard of Pokémon?! In other mildly interesting flight news, my recently turned 18 sister was rather excited about this particular flight, as she could finally legally purchase alcohol! She wasn't too pleased to see my mother buy me some anyway, but at least she could do it herself.

Soon after we got a short taxi to our grandparents house, which was for reasons that I probably shouldnt publish was rather different to a slough taxi journey. Then the fun began! An octogenarian family friend and her husband came round to the house, and a riveting conversation ensued! Its a shame I couldnt understand the accent. Then I set up the internet of the house, which is now broadcasting with a mildly innapropriate SSID, and did some Romeo and Juliet essaying. Then the hours just flied by, but alas, by fun must end some time, so I moved on to some science module revision. On a more serious note, I really dont mind science revision that much, I get a strange sense of enjoyment when I know enough to answer the hilariously easy OCR questions. Im so glad I was able to get a CGP book before the term ended, the quality of the textbook is definately worse the atrocious puns.

On a slightly more on topic note, I have a camera with me, but thanks to my unparraleled genius I didnt bring the cable. So I might have some photos of the trip up, but after I get back (4th). Thankfully my photoshop torrent finished downloading today (ssshh, don't tell anyone) so I wont have to put up with GIMP's user interface for much longer. But alas, thanks to Irish Nazi internet I can't get onto the pirate bay to get the serial code, so I only have a trial version for now. I suppose it doesnt really matter too much.

Tommorow I might be going off into Dublin to hit the sales, armed with a 30 euro Pull and Bear voucher, so, If I get the time, I shall write tommorow. Sorry about not having any photos at the moment, but I might put up a few edits of photos I've allready uploaded.
Once again, many apologies for any crappy spelling and/or grammar, but this post is too far tl;dr for me even to contemplate proof reading.

- Colm

No comments:

Post a Comment